Hope Alive Tour
Inspired by William Wilberforce’s stand against slavery Operation Orphan is committed to addressing our modern day crisis of child slavery and exploitation. By identifying and securing the long term support of at risk orphans significantly decreases their vulnerability to be absorbed unnoticed into the dark world of child slavery. This is a real and sinister threat that children in vulnerable communities face.
The Hope Alive Tour forms an integral part of our strategy to combat this threat.
- It raises awareness of the current crisis.
- It raises funds and resources used to support the children.
- It creates an opportunity for those wanting to join the fight to directly and practically engage.
As always,every penny raised is used to deliver our response. This includes but is not exclusive to;
- Empowering our Crisis Response Team to deploy to major disasters where there is mass loss of life and the country calls for international assistance. The teams mission is to identify, make safe and keep safe children orphaned by the disaster.
- Returning to and keeping children in education. This ensures they are known by a wider community and removes a huge financial burden from their carers. It also invests in their future sustainability security and success.
- Providing health care and psychosocial support to help the children deal with the trauma.
- Providing long term care for children whose care structure is totally destroyed.
The children we care for are not numbers but family therefore our support ensures they are empowered to step into adulthood strong and equipped.
The 10 day Hope Alive Tour consists of the following elements:
- 8 runners completing a 3 day relay from Hull to Cambridge via Liverpool. Each City is significant to Wilberforce and slavery in the 1800’s.
- Travel to either Sierra Leone or Moldova to complete a marathon
- Engage in 3 days of social action in that country directly helping the children supported by the charity.
If you are a reasonably fit runner then the tour is for you. Each relay leg is between 7-10 miles and the marathon is there for you to try and finish. ‘Completing’ it is the goal, not breaking a world record.
25 September – 4 October 2018 Moldova
April 2019 Sierra Leone
September 2019 Moldova
April 2020 Sierra Leone
September 2020 Moldova
Moldova – £1590 all inc
Sierra Leone – £1950 all inc
Hope Alive Sponsors 2018
Hope Alive Sponsors 2017